2019 iCanShine Bike Camp
July 8 - July 12
Riders and Volunteers Needed!
Where and When: July 8th – 12th, Spectrum Sports Academy, Roanoke
Bike Program:iCan Shine is a nonprofit organization that teaches individuals with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle through its’ iCan Bike program.
Rider Requirements (limited spots available):
* Must be at least 8 years old by start of camp and have a disability
* Must be able to walk without an assistive device and sidestep to both sides
* Must be able to attend the same 75-minute session each day of the 5-day camp
* Must be under 220 lbs. and have a minimum inseam measurement of 20” (measure from floor with sneakers on)
* At least 15 years old (unless accompanied by an adult)
* Able to attend 90 minutes at the same time each of the 5 days of camp (15 minutes of pre-session meeting/training)
* Able to provide physical, emotional and motivational support to assigned rider
* Able and willing to get some exercise (light jogging/running) for a great cause!
Those interested in registering for this great program as a rider or volunteer should e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info go to: www.icanshine.org